Dogs4Diabetics is celebrating our 10th Annual Walk for the Dogs in a BIG, FUN, GLOWY, way… we’re hosting a 5K Lantern “Run”. It will be an unforgettable illuminated evening to remember with glow gear, a lantern lighting ceremony, unbeatable swag bags, vendors, food trucks, “run” prizes, raffle prizes, a glow costume contest, and a live DJ.
This fun event is something we all can get behind, it’s a way to make a difference by raising funds to help save the lives of Type 1 Diabetics.
Dogs for Diabetics and The Lantern Run are partnering to bring an evening 5K run/walk to Walnut Creek, CA on June 10, 2017. The run will have a festival after with lots of fun activities, music, light, and refreshing snacks after the event.
The event is a fundraiser for Dogs for Diabetic, an incredible organization that provides quality medical-alert assistance dogs to insulin-dependent diabetics.
All participants receive a technical running shirt, commemorative bib, glow items, and entrance to the after-party after the race. Upon completion of the 5K, participants will also be awarded with an LED lantern.
The 5K starts & finishes at Heather Farm Park and the course will be a 3-loop route around the park. Chip timing is optional and available for competitive runners to log their PRs.
Runners, Walkers, strollers, companies, families, and sponsors are all welcome to participate in the family-friendly event! This is one of the few 5K fun runs you don’t want to miss happening in Walnut Hill, just a couple miles West of Oakland!
Here are 5 Reasons why you participate in the run:
1. The Experience. One of the few, quality night races out there with lights, music, great food, and fun after the run.
2. Runner goodies are Awesome. You get a cool running shirt, glow gear, and LED lantern to take home after the race.
3. Beautiful Course. Course certified and designed by Township of Union to take you through highlights of the area.
4. The Food. Great runner snacks/food to replenish your spirits after a grueling 3.1 miles.
5. Great Cause. Proceeds and fundraising from the run/walk will help with diabetics whose lives will be transformed by these dogs.
Sign-up before the next price increase at www.thelanternrun.com
Link to Prizes/Event Details: http://d4ddogwalk.dojiggy.com/ng/index.cfm/b2303e4/regPages/pages/?p=b71a9d82